I now have my left hand bandaged with just the finger tips showing through and a chunk of plaster running along the back of my arm from finger tips to three quarters of the way to my elbow. All bandaged.

The reason? On Thursday had an operation on my hand to correct something called "dupuytren's contracture" which was affecting my left little finger. Some information on this condition can be found here with some photos of before and after hands.

The hand is out of action for about 2 weeks so that means I shall be doing less work around the house but will probably have to do double when it is OK. Still doesn't get me out of dog crap patrol though.

A small pic of my hand

Comments

Sherryll said…
oh Mick, sounds like the operation was successful, hope you make a speedy recovery and get back to the housework very soon ! I'll remind Shaz not to work too hard whilst you're out of action, LOL.
Hope it's only the 2 weeks before your hand is back in FULL action for you AND Shaz' sake...
Lee said…
Hope your not in too much pain Mick, I looked at that website and ouch, is that the scar you have!!! That is a biggie, I hope your recovery is quick!
Sharon said…
Some people will do ANYTHING to get out of housework...and dirty nappies...must put my thinking cap on to see what excuse I can come up with...