HP eats Rowlings

These are the words from a comment on my previous post re Harry Potter. And I must thank Sir Cumference for pointing out this very interesting fact.

I wholeheartedly agree that HP's works though somewhat archaic and tedious nowadays have always left me wanting more and looking over my shoulder for that thing that cannot be described.

At least his heros were versed in the Dark Arts (usually had read the Necronomicon by Abdul Alhazred) and Knew how to conjure up the bad guys and usually know how to defeat them.

Harry Yawn Potter would not have stood a chance against Yog Sottoth or even "Nyarlathotep, who fulfills Azathoth's random urges, has intervened more frequently and more directly in human affairs than any other Outer god. He has also displayed more blatant contempt for humanity, especially his own worshippers, than almost any other Lovecraftian deity." (from Wikipedia). Sounds a bit like Voldemort.

Only bad thing about HP is all the crappy movies that have been spawned by his fiction, and I see yet another is released this year (looks crappy from the trailer).

All I can say is:

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Comments