HDR

Saw something about HDR (High Dynamic Range Imaging) the other day and there are some truly awesome photos out there that have been done with this process.

Thought I would start playing so :

Original


Now I needed to get a couple of photos of this at different exposures (over and under) so used Photoshop to save a couple of copies of this underexposed and overexposed.

Next added the 3 photos together and it was rather grainy so used a filter to remove the grain and finally ended up with this:

Modified


Still not really HDR but has given me food for thought so I am off looking for more photos that can be "manipulated.

Guess I am going to have to start shooting in RAW and bracket my exposures.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks great Mick :)
Anonymous said…
That is fantastic. I have been researhing HDR too - have to remember to take the three photos though.
Anonymous said…
That's fantastic Mad Mick
You are a talented man :P